When developing God of War III, a ton of effort went into bringing the dark and twisted world of ancient Greek mythology onto the PS3; something that couldn’t have been done without the talent and hard work of the amazing art team here at Santa Monica Studio who spent hours dreaming of new creatures for Kratos to destroy and new places for him to do it in.
Thankfully, the awesome people at Ballistic Publishing created the beautiful ‘The Art of God of War III’ book so that we could share all our creations from concept to completion.
To celebrate God of War III joining the PS3 Greatest Hits library we wanted to give you, the loyal Spartan Army, a chance to win an exclusive signed copy of one of these fantastic books by showing the God of War team what your ultimate monster would look like!
Starting Friday, March 4th through April 1st, visit GodofWar.com, fill out the required entry form and upload your submission. At the end of the contest, the development team will judge and select the top three submissions. Prizing for the contest is as follows:
- 1st Prize: Signed Limited Folio Edition “The Art of God of War III” Ballistic art book
- 2nd Prize: Signed Special Edition “The Art of God of War III” Ballistic art book
- 3rd Prize: Signed Paperback “The Art of God of War III” Ballistic art book
Stay tuned to the GodofWar.com community forums as the winners to the contest will be announced a week after the contest ends.
The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia only and will be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not enter this contest if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or the District of Columbia at the time of entry.
OFFICIAL RULES & RELEASE FOR DESIGN YOUR ULTIMATE GOD OF WAR® MONSTER CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
Void outside the 50 United States and District of Columbia and where prohibited.
1. Eligibility. The Design Your Ultimate God of War® Monster Contest (“Promotion”) is open to only legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 or older at the time of entry with a valid PlayStation®Network ID. (individually “Entrant”, collectively “Entrants”). Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, agencies, and the judging panel (collectively, the “Sponsor”) and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter, win or vote. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Sponsor. Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404 (“Sponsor”).
3. Timing. The Promotion begins on March 4, 2011 at 12:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on April 1, 2011 at 11:59P.M. PST (the “Promotion Period”).
4. How to Enter. Internet access and a PlayStation Network account are required to enter this Promotion. To enter go to www.godofwar.com, sign in with your PlayStation Network ID and fill out an entry form. You must provide your name, date of birth, email address, physical address (No P.O. Boxes) and telephone number. Attach your created image and Click on the “Sign Up” button to upload your artwork (hereinafter “Submission”). The Submission must be an original design based on your version of the ultimate God of War Monster. Your entry must be submitted by 11:59:59 P.M. PST on April 1, 2011.
5. Judging Criteria. All entries received will be judged based on 70% Creativity and 30% on Layout (“Judging Criteria”) by a panel of judges composed of members of the God of War Development Team and Marketing.
6. Entry Conditions and Release. Limit one entry per registered PSN account for the duration of the Promotion Period. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. The Submission must be the original and unpublished creation of the Entrant. Your Submission must be a wholly original work and created entirely by you to qualify as a submission to the Promotion. The Submission should be in png, jpg or pdf format(s) and the maximum file size is 5 MB. Entrant waives any claims against Sponsor, and its affiliates concerning his/her rights in the Submission submitted under this Agreement. (i) must be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image (as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion), (ii) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, contain nudity, unlawful or plagiarized, (iii) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, (iv) may not violate or encourage others to violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation, (v) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property right or any other third party right, (vi) may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including display of corporate logos, brand names and slogans, other than those relating to Sponsor, (vii) must not include visual references to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms or any depiction or representation thereof and (viii) may not include any virus, worm, corrupt file, Trojan horse or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise the Site or the proper conduct of the Promotion. Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to determine if any Submission is not appropriate for publication on the Site or for any other public release and if the Submission is in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a Submission for any reason. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this Promotion.
7. Winner Selection. Winner will be selected based on the Judging Criteria from valid Entries received during the Promotion Period. Sponsor’s decisions will be final and binding. Each winning Entrant will be notified via email. The potential winning Entrant must respond to Sponsor’s prize notification email within 2 business days from that date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification email. In the event that the potential winning Entrant does not respond to Sponsor’s prize notification email within the specified time or the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, a new winner will be chosen based on the Judging Criteria. Alternate winners will be contacted via email and must respond to the Sponsor’s prize notification email within 2 business days from that date and time of the Sponsor’s prize notification email.
8. Prizes. There will be three (3) prizes awarded. One (1) First Prize winner will receive a Signed Limited Folio Edition of the “The Art of God of War III” Ballistic Artbook with an Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of $300.00). One (1) Second Prize winner will receive a signed Special Edition “The Art of God of War III” Ballistic Artbook with an ARV $129 and one (1) Third Prize winner will receive a signed paperback book “The Art of God of War III” Ballistic Artbook with an ARV of $65. Prize fulfillment is based on availability. Sponsor has the sole and absolute discretion to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize is unavailable. If a prize is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable, Sponsor has the sole and absolute discretion to disqualify a winning Entrant and select an alternate winner based on the stated Judging Criteria. Prizes are non-transferable, and Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on winner’s request. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of the prize.
9. Release and Grant of Rights. Entrants are solely responsible for their Submission and the consequences of posting or publishing it. In connection with the Submission, Entrant affirms, represents, and warrants that: (i) Entrant owns or has the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to use the Submission in the manner contemplated by the Sponsor; and (ii) Entrant has the written consent, release and permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the Submission to use the name or likeness of those persons to enable inclusion and use of the Submission in the manner contemplated by the Sponsor. By submitting the Submission to Sponsor, Entrant hereby grants to Sponsor a perpetual, fully paid, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute, display, transmit, and permit others to use and perform throughout the universe the Submission, his/her likeness and performance and every identifiable individual person’s likeness and performance in the Submission in any media. Entrant hereby releases Sponsor and its parent and sister companies, and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all claims, demands, actions or causes of action of any kind, nature or description, which you or any of your successors, or, assigns, may now, or at any time, have or claim to have any reason of, arising out of, relating to or in any way connected with the rights granted above.
10. Limitations on Liability. Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete Entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible and all associated Entries or Votes will be void.
11. Indemnity. Entrant shall indemnify and defend Sponsor, its parent companies, each of Sponsor’s advertising agencies, and the officers, directors, employees, and agents of all of the foregoing and the successors and assigns of each of them, from and against actions, claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable counsel fees related to (i) Entrant’s use of any prize, (ii) the Sponsor’s use of any of the materials submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion or (iii) any intentional misconduct or negligence by Entrant in connection with this Promotion.
12. Releases. As a condition of participating in the Promotion, Entrants release Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions and affiliates from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use of prize or participation in any Promotion-related activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
13. General Conditions. Potential winning Entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Entrant’s contact information. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other Entrant.
14. Promotion Results. To obtain a winners’ list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “Design Your Ultimate God of War® Monster Contest”, Attn: Promotions, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd. 2nd Floor, Foster City, CA 94404. Sponsor will send requested winners’ lists within 4-6 weeks after it awards prizes. Requests for the winner’s list must be received by May 31, 2011.
16. Restrictions. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.