Hi everyone! With Alien Breed 3: Descent launching on the U.S. PlayStation Store on Tuesday, February 22nd, we’d like to introduce the game to you all with another handy list of things you may not know about the game:
- Alien Breed 3: Descent is the stunning final chapter of the Alien Breed saga, a trilogy of downloadable PS3 titles that reinvent the Alien Breed series, which has roots dating back to 1991. The game is an action-packed top-down science fiction shooter where you must conserve ammo, scavenge for gear and upgrade your arsenal to survive against a vast alien threat.
- After its successful introduction in Alien Breed 2: Assault, the challenging Survivor mode returns with an alien-slaughtering vengeance! You must resist endless waves of intense alien attacks in specifically designed arena environments, and because it can be played in single-player or in two-player co-op (online or local), you can get competitive and compete with your friends on the Survivor mode leader boards!
- There are some exhilarating new action-packed third-person set pieces in the game which really get your pulse racing Battle through flooded levels, the all-new research labs, and take a spectacular space walk on the exterior of the ship as it plummets through the planet’s atmosphere. Come get some!
- The Breed are meaner in this episode too, with new enemies to conquer: amongst them the ‘‘Electro-shocker” alien and the mighty final boss — although, obviously, I can’t say too much about that. I don’t want to spoil the finale!
- Of course, with the odds and enemies stacked against you, you will need some more devastating firepower. Luckily you’ll be able to arm yourself with some awesome new weaponry: the “Project X” is a “BFG” that vaporizes everything it comes into contact with, while the awesome “Electro-Link” gun fires chain lightning to damage all nearby enemies. I have to say this weapon is my personal favourite, and incredibly satisfying to use.
- The single-player game sees the player take command of Chief Engineer Theodore Conrad once again, this time in his last stand against the savage alien horde. As the doomed Leopold and alien space craft plunge deeper into the planet’s atmosphere and with an icy ocean promising a watery grave, you have just hours to defy a grisly death and survive the alien onslaught for the final time. As you struggle deeper into the sinking alien ship, through the freezing waters flooding every corridor, the horrifying truth surrounding the existence of the Breed is finally uncovered…
- As well as the two-player Survivor mode, there is also a two-player Assault mode: a co-operative play mode (again online or local) in which players must work together to defeat the alien horde across specially designed maps for two players. This mode also concludes the thrilling separate narrative that crosses over with the single-player experience, and because both modes support voice-chat, for those playing online, it means you can work out your game plan and adapt your strategy as you go… something you’re going to need to do if you both want to survive!
- For those PSN Trophy hunters amongst you: there are 35 Trophies available within this game, including a Platinum!
- Alien Breed 3: Descent will be available at a great price of $9.99, which is an absolute steal in my opinion for the amount of adrenaline-fueled entertainment in the game.
- And don’t forget, if you survive the final descent and fancy a challenge of an altogether more cartoony kind, Team17 also develop the awesome Worms games (also available now on PlayStation Store) so why not check them out?
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments