Mark your calendars – this Thursday, November 26th, the next phase of the wildly popular Red Bull Island will be released in PlayStation Home. To complement the existing Red Bull Air Race World Championship mini-game, Red Bull will unleash two brand new spaces that will appeal to sports fans and beach bunnies alike. The first, an exhibition of action and adventure sports photographs from Red Bull Illume. The winning photograph from each of the competition’s ten categories is displayed on large illuminate cubes, imitating the real-life exhibit. The second is a Red Bull Flugtag mini-game where users can compete against one another by launching one of five wild flying machines off of a 30-foot high deck in hopes of achieving flight. Think: The Wright Brothers… or that time you and your genius buddies decided to pile into your wagon and take a ride off the roof. He who flies the farthest wins the high spot on the space’s leaderboard. And he that visits these new spaces (and the Theater) to learn more about the art of Red Bull Flugtag during opening week may just win a PSPgo or Rock Band PSP3000 bundle. Want to learn more? Sure you do!
Starting Monday, November 30th at 6:00pm PT (9:00pm EST), behind the scenes videos of the real-life Red Bull Flugtag events will be placed in the PlayStation Home 10-Screen Theater, along with various trivia questions. The first 5 users that email HomeContests@playstation.sony.com with the correct answers will win the aforementioned PSPgo or Rock Band PSP3000 bundles. Check out the official rules and regulations appended to this post for more details.
The Red Bull Flugtag event isn’t the only event going on in PlayStation Home this Thanksgiving week (and no, we’re not talking about chasing turkeys around Central Plaza – that would be preposterous!) EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 4 producers Mike Mahar and Brian Hayes will be in-world this Wednesday, November 25th, between the hours of 4:00pm and 5:00pm PT (7:00pm and 8:00pm EST), for a live chat with you, the PlayStation Home community. The focus of this chat will be on the next title update and all-new Fight Night downloadable content, to be released this December. Rabid boxing fans will not want to miss out on this unique opportunity to get the scoop from the men behind one of the biggest boxing titles of all time. Mahar and Hayes will be in one instance of the EA SPORTS Club Fight Night game space, so be sure to add the host PSN ID that will be announced in Wednesday’s Message of the Day if you want to participate. At the time of the event, simply use the “Go To” feature to travel to the event instance (you can find the “Go To” option in your Menu Pad; simply select the Friends List and the name of the host account).
We have a real treat in store for all of you music fans. Come Thursday, vignettes from Kyocera’s All Access documentary of the Virgin Mobile Freefest will be airing in the PlayStation Home 10-Screen Theater. This behind-the-scenes rock documentary was created by 14 high school and college students and features exclusive footage of some of the hottest acts of our time including Weezer, Franz Ferdinand, Public Enemy, Blink-182, Taking Back Sunday and more! Come backstage and witness how one of the summer’s most anticipated concert events came to be.
Last, but certainly not least, those full Ezio costumes that you all have been chomping at the bit for will appear in the PlayStation Home Mall this week. Be sure to pick these costumes up and show the world how much of an Assassin’s Creed fanboy/fangirl you are.
RED BULL FLUGTAG CONTEST – OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited. The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and D.C. only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or D.C. and are at least 13 years of age at the time of entry. To enter, you must have a PlayStation®3 system, a valid PlayStation®Network account, internet access and a copy of PlayStation®HOME installed on your system. Contest begins November 30, 2009 at 6:00pm PST and ends December 1, 2009 12:00 midnight PST.
*Log into your PlayStation Network account and launch PlayStation HOME application
*Make your way to the Theater Space of HOME to view a list of trivia questions
*Watch the Red Bull videos as well as explore the two (2) Red Bull HOME Spaces to find the answers to the trivia questions
*There are 10 questions ranging in difficulty
*Send an e-mail to HomeContests@playstation.sony.com with the subject line “REDBULL” with your answers, your PSN ID, Name and
*The first 5 e-mails received by Sponsor with the correct answers will be selected as the winners.
*First qualifying e-mail submission will be the Grand Prize winner. Subsequent qualifying e-mail submissions will be deemed 1st through 4th place winners.
To be valid, entries must be received no later than December 1, 2009 12:00 midnight PST. Limit one entry per person and e-mail address. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc (the “Sponsor”) is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrants ability to participate in the contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this sweepstakes should virus, bugs or other causes corrupt the administration, security or proper play of this sweepstakes. Entries not satisfying these Official Rules will be automatically disqualified.
2. PRIZES: Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a PSP®go system. First Place: One (1) first place prize winner will receive a Rock Band PSP®3000 bundle. Second Place: One (1) second place prize winner will receive a Rock Band PSP®3000 bundle. Third Place: One (1) third place prize winner will receive a Rock Band PSP®3000 bundle. Fourth Place: One (1) fourth place prize winner will receive a Rock Band PSP®3000 bundle. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal value if prize is unavailable. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions allowed.
3. WINNERS: Grand Prize Winner will be determined by selecting the first qualifying e-mail submission received by Sponsor. Second qualifying entry will be selected as First Place, third qualifying entry will be selected as Second Place, fourth qualifying entry will be selected as Third Place and fifth qualifying entry will be selected as Fourth Place winners. Selection will be held on or about December 2, 2009. Winners will be notified by mail and/or telephone. Please allow four to six weeks for receipt of prizes.
4. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on number of valid entries received.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S. residents only aged 13 or older. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Prize winners may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within fourteen (14) days of prize notification. If the prize winner is a minor, then prize will be awarded to winner’s parent or legal guardian. By acceptance of prize, winners agree to the use of their name and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Additionally, by acceptance of prize, prize winners agree to release Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating, and /or traveling to any prize-related activity. Employees of the Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this sweepstakes. Neither the Sponsors nor its affiliates, subsidiaries, division or related companies are responsible for any damages, taxes, or expenses that winners might incur as result of this sweepstakes or receipt of prize.
6. WINNER LIST: To obtain names of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Red Bull Flugtag Contest, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd. 2nd Floor Foster City, CA 94404. Prize winners’ name request will be fulfilled within four weeks. Requests for winner list must be received by January 15, 2010.
7. RESTRICTIONS: Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
8. SPONSOR: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc, Foster City, CA 94404
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments