We here on the PlayStation Home team are pleased to offer you, the PlayStation Home community, a unique opportunity to win a copy of the ultra rare UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves – Fortune Hunter Edition . The premise is simple: PlayStation Home community members should enter the new UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves game space in PlayStation Home between the hours of 8:00 am PT on Thursday, November 5th and 12:00 pm PT on Friday, November 6th to play the Mask Mayhem mini-game. The user who assembles the Ganesh mask the quickest (and therefore places first on the space’s leaderboard) will win this extremely limited prize. If you are a fan of the UNCHARTED franchise (and who isn’t?) you know it’s high time to come into PlayStation Home, check out this highly immersive game space, try your hand at the Mask Mayhem mini-game (and the awesome Fortunate Thieves card battle game while you’re at it), rack up the associated rewards, and do your best to grab that #1 slot. Included in the Fortune Hunter Edition is a copy of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, the Phurba Dagger ornamental replica (plus stand), a special “book case” with art book autographed by the Naughty Dog team, a ton of downloads, and the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Strategy Guide. So read the official rules and regulations below and then head into PlayStation Home now and start training for this event. We’ll be wiping the leaderboards clean right at 8:00am Thursday morning…
The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and the District of Colombia only and will be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed to register in this contest if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or D.C. at the time of entry.
PLAYSTATION HOME UNCHARTED 2 MASK MAYHEM CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
Void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited.
1. Eligibility. The UNCHARTED 2 MASK MAYHEM Contest (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and hold a PlayStation®Network account in good standing as determined by Sponsor. Employees of the Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
2. Sponsor. Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc., 919 East Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404 (“Sponsor”).
3. Timing. The Promotion begins on November 5 2009 at 8:00 A.M. PST and ends on November 6, 2009 at 12:00 P.M. PST (the “Promotion Period”).
4. How to Enter. No purchase necessary. Internet access, a PlayStation Network account, and a PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system required. Using the PlayStation 3 system, go to the PlayStation Network and access PlayStation Home, the virtual 3D community hub. Users who wish to enter (the “Entrants”) must use their avatars to enter the UNCHARTED 2 Among Thieves Nepalese Village Space (the “Event Space”) (accessible via the World Map on the Entrant’s Menu Pad), navigate their avatars to the “Mask Mayhem” mini game, select the “Mask Mayhem” icon and enter the Event Space. Before playing the mini game, Entrants must navigate their avatars to collect seven (7) puzzle pieces which are prominently scattered throughout the Event Space. Once Entrants have collected all seven pieces, Entrants must navigate their avatars and bring their puzzle pieces to the Mask Mayhem elephant mask located at the end of an alleyway on a wall in the Event Space. Puzzle pieces will remain in the Event Space and need only be collected once in order to play multiple games. Instructions for playing the game are presented to Players in pop-up menus as they navigate through the Event Space and on the wall next to the elephant mask. To enter the Promotion, Players select the “X” icon located directly below the elephant mask on the wall which begins the timing process. To play, Players must place their puzzle pieces directly on top of the elephant mask to replicate the image of the elephant. Players should attempt to solve the puzzle as quickly as possible. Once the puzzle is completed, timing stops and Player’s time is recorded. Players can play an unlimited number of games within the Promotion Period to attempt to better their time. The 10 lowest times and the online IDs of the players who earned them in an individual game from all correctly completed games played during the Promotion Period in all instances of the UNCHARTED Nepalese Village space will be posted on the Global Leaderboard located in the UNCHARTED Nepalese Village Space. (An instance is a new event space that is created when the number of users in the original space has reached its maximum capacity. Masked Mayhem can support multiple instances of the same Event Space so that Players will always be able to access the space.)
5. Entry Conditions and Release. Entrants may participate as many times as they like but may only win one time during the Promotion Period. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Entrant’s contact information. Entries not satisfying these Official Rules are automatically disqualified. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should virus, bugs or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt, change or adversely affect the Promotion’s administration, security or proper play and to award prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to Sponsor’s action. Automated entries are prohibited and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process.
6. Winner Selection. One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected during the Promotion Period. Winner will be determined as follows:
The player who has the lowest time in an individual game from all correctly completed games played during the Promotion Period will be declared the Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie in Player’s times, Entrants with the lowest tied scores will have a rematch in the Mask Mayhem Event Space on November 9, 2009. Time and details of tiebreaker will be determined by Sponsor. Entrants will be notified at approximately 6:00 P.M. PST on November 6, 2009 via the email address associated with their PSN account with instructions regarding the time the rematch will occur. The player with the lowest time in the tiebreaker rematch will be declared the Grand Prize winner. If additional ties exist, rematch games will be held from among the remaining lowest-scoring, tied Players until the Player with the lowest time remains, who will be declared the Grand Prize winner.
Winners’ PSN online IDs will be posted on the global leaderboard within the mini game located in the UNCHARTED Nepalese Village Space beginning on November 6, 2009 at approximately 12:00 P.M. PST. Winners will also be notified by Sponsor via the email address associated with Winner’s PSN account on or about November 6, 2009 at approximately 1:00 P.M. PST. If a tie exists the winner of the tiebreaker will be notified by Sponsor via the email address associated with the tie breaker’s account on or about November 10, 2009 at approximately 7:00 P.M. PST. Grand Prize winner must claim their prize within 48 hours from Sponsor’s notification. If Grand Prize winner does not respond within 48 hours from Sponsor’s outreach, an alternate winner will be selected by Sponsor based on the player who has the next lowest time from all games played during the Promotion Period, (or if a tie exists, the next lowest time from the tiebreaker) which will be posted on the global leaderboard. This method will continue until a Grand Prize winner has responded.
7. Prize(s). One (1) Grand Prize for the Promotion Period. Grand Prize consists of one copy of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Fortune Hunter Edition which includes a copy of the video game UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves, a phurba dagger replica and an artbook. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize is $300.00. Prize fulfillment is based on availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize is unavailable. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize notification or prize is returned undeliverable. If the player with the lowest time is under 18, the prize will be awarded to the Entrant with the next lowest time from all games played during the Promotion Period (or if a tie exists the next lowest time from the tiebreaker) which will be posted on the global leaderboard. Prizes are non-transferable and Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on winner’s request. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of the prize.
8. Odds of Winning. Odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries received.
9. Publicity. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness for purposes of advertising, trade or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law, and agrees to sign and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability (the “Affidavit”) within Fourteen (14) business days of prize notification.
10. Limitations of Liability. By attempting to enter, entering a Promotion or accepting a Promotion prize, an entrant or prize winner agrees to release Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions and affiliates from liability, claims or actions or any kind for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property that may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in or traveling to or from the Promotion or any Promotion or prize-related activity. Sponsor’s employees, employees of Sponsor’s parent, subsidiaries, agencies, and affiliates and each of their related companies and their immediate families are not eligible. Neither the Sponsor nor its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions or related companies are responsible for any damages, taxes or expenses that winners might incur as a result of this Promotion or receipt of prize.
11. Promotion Results. Sponsor will post winner’s name in the Message of the Day on November 6, 2009 at approximately 1:00 P.M. PST, and winner’s name will also be announced in the PlayStation Home forums until November 30, 2009. To obtain a winner’s list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to PlayStation Home UNCHARTED 2 Mask Mayhem Contest Promotion, Attn: Promotions, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd. 2nd Floor, Foster City, CA 94404. Sponsor will fulfill a winner’s list request within 4-6 weeks after it awards prizes. Requests for the winner’s list must be received by November 30, 2009.
12. Restrictions. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments