Silly me. I thought it was going to be a slow week following the craziness of GDC, but this one was packed full of great PlayStation news. As you probably know, PS3 Firmware 2.70 was the highlight of the week, adding Text Chat, Friends List enhancements and more. Hopefully you’ve had the chance to download it and take the new FW for a spin, and if you have, let us know what you think. It’s your feedback that helps make the PS3 better and better.
Also this week, Insomniac Games dropped by for an hour of live Q&A Thursday afternoon for some very initial chatting about Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time and the new weapons contest.
But alas, life doesn’t completely revolve around us, and there is a ton of other great PlayStation news and coverage around the Web for you to peep on this gorgeous Sunday (68 degrees in San Francisco is a hot summer day for us). LittleBigPlanet’s community is over two million strong, inFamous gets great preview coverage, and Square Enix says Final Fantasy XIII uses nearly all of the PS3’s bulging muscle. Those and other links are below. But this ain’t one-sided, so share your links and we’ll see you tomorrow.
The PS Blog weekly reading list (Week of March 30, 2009)
- PlayStation 3 Outsells Wii In Japan For Second Month In A Row – Kotaku
- Congratulations, PlayStation! – Adweek’s March Madness
- Sweet Noby Noby Kicks Give Me Nightmares – Kotaku
- Sony: MAG “only possible on PS3,” is an “iteration of SOCOM” – VG247
- Argument: More Games Need To Have ‘Resistance: Retribution’’s Control Scheme – MTV Multiplayer
- Killzone Creators Talk ‘4-D Bullet’ Ad, PS3 Development – GameDaily
- Review: Burn Zombie Burn! – 1UP
- Tales of Vesperia Set for PS3 – IGN
- Exclusive: Top 10 Most Popular PS1 Games In PlayStation Store – Gamasutra
- LittleBigPlanet Community Nearly 2 Million Strong – Kotaku
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (PlayStation 3) – CNET
- Study: Video games may improve vision – GameSpot
- Magic Ball Soars to the Top of the PSN’s Sales Charts – IGN
- Square Enix: “Final Fantasy XIII Uses Nearly 100 Percent of PS3 Power” – Kotaku
- Home is the “perfect storm” for publishers – gamesindustry.biz
- inFamous GDC 2009 Preview is “electrifying” – GamePro
- PS3 Preview – ‘inFamous’ – WorthPlaying.com
- Resistance: Retribution Review – PC World
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments