In answer to the various comments regarding “Geon” PSN (in no particular order):
The game took so long to port because it wasn’t a port. We spent time redesigning and coding key elements of the game in response to feedback we got after launching the XBLA version so that the PSN version has a much better single and multi-player experience. These include:
- New goal scoring system which encourages player interaction (it’s essential to stop your opponent from scoring);
- Redesigned single player maps.
- Introduction of a new League mode.
- Players have attack and shield as standard (instead of only via a power-up) allowing for greater interaction with (thumping the hell out of) your opponent.
- Redesigned power-ups, with the introduction of new ones such as Bliss’ ghost cubes (which collect pellets for you) and Rage’s extra attack.
- Improved AI to handle the new gameplay.
- 1080p High Definition visuals.
- Did we mention the trophies? ;)
Comatoes asks, “What the…? I sincerely hope there’s a demo or at least a video to check out… this sounds completely odd.”
Answer: Yes Comatoes, it certainly is odd. The best way to describe the game is that it is like playing Numberwang with a sledge hammer and a bag of rodents. What do you expect from an English game development team based in an old train yard?
The how-to-play video is up at http://www.strawdogstudios.com/geon/
It is the tutorial video so it takes things slowly, compared to the actual game. Other game play videos will follow shortly.
StalkingSilence asks, “Multiplayer online or offline? Saw a trailer and will probably pick this up.”
Answer: It has multi-player on-line and off-line (split screen). The multi-player modes include:
- Multi-player – Up to 4 players.
- Duel – Go head to head against a friend and inflict some pain!
- Last Man Standing – Up to 4 players battle it out – who will be the last man standing?
- Team Geon – Team up with a friend to battle your enemies in this 2vs2 mode.
Screenshots …. http://uk.playstation.com/games-media/games/detail/item118876/Geon/
Yep that’s the UK Playstation site.
Hope that clears a few things up.
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments