Hello PlayStation Blog readers!
I wanted to take a quick moment to remind everyone about the launch party we’re hosting at Best Buy (1717 Harrison St. in San Francisco) tonight. From 7pm to midnight we’ll have the game available to play early, tons of great photo opportunities, and a chance to meet the cast and crew. Please stop by and say “hi” if you live in or around San Francisco; we’d love to meet you.
I’m so excited that we’re this close to launch. Tonight at midnight the world will finally get a chance to play the game we’ve worked so hard on for the last couple years. I’m extremely proud of what the team here at LucasArts has accomplished and hope that you all will enjoy the game. Here’s a developer interview with a deeper look at the PS2 version of the game:
I’ve also been asked to close with a trivia question … My instructions were: “nothing too obscure, but nothing too easy, either…” In the Internet Age, with sites like StarWars.Com and Wookieepedia out there, I think it might be impossible to come up with something that can’t be answered with a three-second Google search, but I’ll try: What type of music do Ugnaughts listen to? (believe it or not, it’s in the game …)
The first person to submit the correct answer will receive a special prize chosen from the Lucasfilm archives, a “Star Wars: The Force Unleashed” novel, “The Art & Making of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed” book, a Lego Rogue Shadow Kit, a Star Wars: The Force Unleashed t-shirt and an Inflatable light saber.
Correct entries 2 through 5 will receive a “Star Wars: The Force Unleashed” novel, “The Art & Making of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed” book, a Lego Rogue Shadow Kit, a Star Wars: The Force Unleashed t-shirt and an Inflatable light saber.
And correct entries 6 through 10 will receive a Star Wars: The Force Unleashed t-shirt and an Inflatable light saber.
Email your answers to PlayStationTFUcontest@gmail.com. Don’t bother posting the answer in the comments section – it won’t count!
And now for the required legal jargon:
OFFICIAL RULES – “Star Wars TFU Blog Sweepstakes”
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, visit https://blog.us.playstation.com. Answer the question posed by the Star Wars Producer posted on the blog post and email your answer to PlayStationTFUcontest@gmail.com. Sweepstakes starts September 15, 2008 at 12:00 p.m. (PST) and ends September 15, 2008 at 11:59 p.m. (PST). No other method of entry will be accepted. To be eligible, completed entries, including the correct response to the question posed, must be received no later than September 15, 2008, at 11:59 p.m. (PST). Limit one entry per person and valid e-mail address for the duration of the promotion. Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. Sony Computer Entertainment America (the “Sponsor”) is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this sweepstakes should virus, bugs or other causes corrupt the administration, security or proper play of this sweepstakes. Entries not satisfying these Official Rules will be automatically disqualified.
2. PRIZES: The first ten (10) correct answers received will receive a Star Wars: The Force Unleashed t-shirt and an Inflatable light saber (approximate retail value $9). The first five (5) of the above 10 correct answers will also receive, in addition to the above prizes, a “Star Wars: The Force Unleashed” novel , “The Art & Making of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed” book, and a Lego Rogue Shadow Kit (approximate retail value $119). The first (1) correct answer from the above 10 correct answers will receive all of the above prizes and a special prize chosen from the Lucasfilm archives. (Approximate retail value $319) Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value if prizes are unavailable. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions allowed.
3. WINNERS: Winners will be determined based on the first entries received. Winners will be selected among all eligible entries. Winners will be contacted via their emails on September 22, 2008. If winners entered via a mail-in entry, they will be notified by email. Online users, be sure to check your user mail on September 22, 2008 to see if you are a winner. If your name is selected you must respond via email to PlayStationTFUcontest@gmail.com within five (5) days to accept the prize. Failure to respond within five (5) days will result in forfeiture of prize and an alternate winner will be selected among all eligible entries.
4. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on number of valid entries received.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S. residents only aged 13 or older. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. The prize winner may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within fourteen (14) days of receipt or forfeit prize. If the prize winner is a minor, then prize will be awarded in the name of the minor’s parent or legal guardian. By acceptance of prize, winners agree that Sponsor, their affiliate companies, subsidiaries, parent companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for and will held harmless against any injuries, losses and damages of any kind alleged to or resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this game. Winner agrees to the use of their name and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Employees of the Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and their immediate families living in their households are not eligible to participate in this sweepstakes. Neither the Sponsors nor its affiliates, subsidiaries, division or related companies are responsible for any damages, taxes (federal, state or local if any), or expenses that winners might incur as result of entering or participating in this sweepstakes or upon receipt or use of prize.
6. WINNER LIST: To obtain names of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Star Wars TFU Blog Sweepstakes, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd. 2nd Floor Foster City, CA 94404. Prize winners name request will be fulfilled within four weeks after prize has been awarded. Requests for winner list must be received by September 22, 2008.
7. RESTRICTIONS: Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
8. SPONSOR: Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc., Foster City, CA 94404
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments