Our nearly-at-E3 interview series continues, this time with Kyle Shubel, who’s Managing Producer on both LittleBigPlanet and Killzone 2. Kyle’s got a lot of good advice for those looking to break into the industry and also answers the following questions that *you* asked (Blog readers who asked the question in parentheses):
- If you get the chance, what game(s) do you most want to go hands-on with at E3 2008? (Genki-Rocket)
- Who in the industry would you most like to collaborate on a game with? (indigovenom)
- When did you know for sure that you belonged in the video game business? (Sindress)
- What kind of advice would you give those currently in college and would like to pursue a career in video game development? (Voozi)
- How often do you make technical changes to your games half-way through or late into the game development cycle based on something you’ve just seen or played from other developers? (P_tear_griffin)
- If you could say one thing to the fans of your game/series out there, what would it be? (Xanog)
Kyle is a 13+ year veteran of the game industry, currently functioning as the Managing Producer, International Software Development at Sony Computer Entertainment, Kyle has also functioned as Producer at Interplay Productions and Contraband Entertainment.
Now that you know who he is and what he’s showing at E3 – what game-related questions do you want me ask Kyle next week? Tell me below.
Tomorrow’s interview: Tsubasa Inaba (Siren: Blood Curse)