1. What game do you have at E3 this year?
The Eye of Judgment
2. Tell us more about your game. What’s the story? What did you do on this game that you couldn’t do on another platform?
First, it uses the next-generation USB camera for PS3, the PlayStation Eye. We’ve combined the camera and real, collectable trading cards, created by Hasbro and its Wizards of the Coast (WotC) subsidiary, to create a completely new concept in trading card games. As you know, Hasbro and WotC are known for the development of Magic: The Gathering, so we’re bringing that heritage to PS3. It is a key component and adds a third dimension to the trading card game genre by materializing animated 3D creatures on screen.
The Eye of Judgment is a tough game to describe, but really a fun game to play, as it is a whole new means of interaction within the trading card genre of games. The cards are embedded with a Cybercode that only PlayStation Eye can read, and once you lay them down on the battle mat the characters come to live and battle in really cool animations on the screen. One major benefit of playing this type of game on PS3 is that you don’t have to count all of the gaming components up when you play your cards; the PS3 does it for you and gives you visual prompts such as when to remove a card or how many cards you should have in your hand.
3. What do you think is the coolest aspect of this game?
The coolest aspect of the game is the utilization of the PLAYSTATION Network to play others online. We are focused on a global launch of this title, so you can challenge players from all over the world, it’s really exciting.
I also like watching the card image come to life and battle against the other creatures. It takes a little bit to learn, but once you do, it is a blast. There will be over 100 different cards available with the booster packs, so you never know what creature is going to be coming at you. You’ll soon know what I mean when I say my Infernal Sciondar Dragon crushed your Verzar Foot Soldier!
4. What game do you most want an hour to sit in front of yourself (besides your own)?
Buzz!……”Party Time”, I’ll probably get most of the answers wrong, but its lots of fun to play with your friends. It’s my kind of game to just sit back and have a good time with, but it brings out my competitive side!
5. How many E3’s does E3 2007 mark for you?
Let’s just say I’ve been there since E3 started and before that I was working the Sony booth at CES.
6. Describe the pre-2007 E3 experience in five words or less.
Breeze, cake walk, relaxing..HA!!!
7. Most over used phrase or expression during E3 season.
This title or that title is the Game of the Year!
8. You are asked to make suggestions for an E3 survival kit- what three items HAVE to be included?
Energy Bar, water and a masseuse. If not a masseuse. I always have Advil in my pocket during the show as well.
9. What advice would you have for someone who has never experienced E3?
Wear comfortable shoes and get as much rest as possible before E3 starts, because once it’s going it’s non-stop for 4 days straight!
10. What’s your favorite part about developing games for a living?
My favorite part about developing games is hearing comments from fans. The folks who read this blog. We take them into consideration when making the next project, and it’s really nice to know you’ve delivered something to the public that they enjoy playing.
Comments are closed.
Loading More Comments